Haven't exported yet? See our help sheet on Exporting Gifts from Faithlife Giving as a CSV File to learn more.
NOTE: Gifts exported from Faithlife Giving will include all donations given during the selecting time period, including those with a Status of "Pending" or "Failed". Before importing the spreadsheet into Servant Keeper, it is recommended to delete "Pending" and "Failed" gifts from your spreadsheet. Remember to close your spreadsheet before importing.
- Open and log in to the Servant Keeper Contribution Manager.
NOTE: You will need to be on version 8.0.42 of Servant Keeper (or higher) to import a CSV from Faithlife Giving. To update to the latest version of Servant Keeper, use the options on the "Web Update" pop-up that appears when opening your SK8 software or the [Web Update] button in the Administration Manager. If you have any trouble updating to the latest version of SK, please email email@example.com or call the HelpDesk (570-748-2800, ext. 3) for assistance.
- Click [Import] > "Import Contributions from File".
NOTE: Using Servant Keeper on a PC? See our help sheet on Importing Contributions from Faithlife Giving, instead.
- The Import Contributions from File window will appear. Click [Select Import File].
- In the next window, browse to your Faithlife Giving CSV file. The default location for downloaded Faithlife Giving files is the "Downloads" folder on your computer. Double-click the file to select it for import.
NOTE: If you have trouble finding your "Downloads" folder, use the drop-down menu at the top of the window to select "/", then choose "Users" > "YourMacUserName" > "Downloads".
- All necessary fields, including the "Date Format", "First Name", "Last Name", "Account Name", "Batch Date", "Amount" will automatically be selected, as well as "Pay Type" and "Check No". Click [Next] to continue.
Fields didn't auto-map? Check the bottom right-hand corner of the Contribution Manager to ensure you're using Servant Keeper 8.0.42 (or higher).
- If you're attempting to import contributions into an account that is not already in the system, you'll see a prompt that states "Account '<YourAccountName>' is not in the system. Do you want to add it to the system?" Click [Yes] to add the account as a new account in Servant Keeper. Click [No] if you wish to map the contribution(s) in that account to an existing account later, rather than adding a new account. Click [Cancel] to skip all prompts for adding new accounts. If you do not see this prompt, it means all of the account names in your import (from Faithlife Giving) match account names in Servant Keeper and you can continue to the next step.
- If there are records in the import file that need to be fixed before importing, a "Preview Results and Fix Rejects" window will appear. Use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window to scroll to the right in order to see the "Reject Reason".
Common reasons for rejected contributions are:
- Once any rejected transactions have been fixed, click the [Next] button. The "Map to Proper Batches" screen will appear. This screen can be used to edit the batch information and change the batch name and/or description. Click [Next] to continue.
- The "Map Pay Types" window will now be displayed. If there are any fields that are un-mapped or you wish to change any of the existing mappings, use the drop-down menu in the "System Pay Type" column to match a pay type from Servant Keeper to the pay type from the contribution import. The Servant Keeper pay types are: Cash, Check, Credit/Debit Card, Direct Deposit, Online Transaction, and Other. Click [Next] to proceed.
- A summary screen will display showing the number of contributions and the total amount that will be imported into Servant Keeper. Check the "Yes, I want to import the contributions" box, then click [Import].
- When the import has finished, a message will appear saying "All ## entries have been successfully imported to the system." Click the [OK] button.