Right click on the Servant Keeper shortcut on your desktop and select Properties. (See Figure 1)
- The “Servant Keeper Properties” window will now be displayed. Click the [Open File Location] button located in the bottom left corner of the window.
(See Figure 2)
NOTE: Depending on the version of Windows your computer is running, the [Open File Location] button may be labeled as [Find Target].
- You will now be in a window that is displaying all of the files that are in your Servant Keeper 7 installation folder. Find and double left click on the file labeled “cv7.exe”. (See Figure 3)
The “Servant Keeper 7 Database Conversion Utility” window will be displayed.
Make sure the “Target: SK 7 Database Selected:” field has the location where you installed your Servant Keeper 7 Database. The default location is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Servant Keeper Database.
Click the [Browse] button at the end of the “Source: SK6 Directory Selected:” field. (See Figure 4) The “Browse For Folder” window will be displayed. Browse to the location of your Servant Keeper 6 installation folder. The default installation folder for Servant Keeper 6 is “C:\Servant Keeper 6”. If you installed Servant Keeper 6 to a different location, browse to that installation location.
NOTE: If you are unsure of where your Servant Keeper 6 program is installed, you can check this path by logging in to any module of SK6, choosing the Help drop-down menu at the top of the screen, and selecting Servant Keeper Help Desk. In the window that opens, look at the “Program Path”--this is where your SK6 program is installed. Be sure to close SK6 completely before returning to the SK7 install wizard.
IMPORTANT: If you are using Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10, Servant Keeper 6 must NOT be installed in the Program Files or Program Files (x86) directory. To keep your data safe, data in the Program Files or Program Files (x86) directory will not upgrade to Servant Keeper 7. If you find your program is installed in this location, please call the Servant Keeper Help Desk for instructions on moving your SK6 program to the correct location prior to upgrading.
- The “Servant Keeper 7 Database Conversion Utility” window will be displayed.
In this window you will see the list of Servant Keeper 6 database files that will be upgraded to V7. Confirm that the “Source” and “Target” paths are correct. (See Figure 5) You have the option of converting contributions and attendance records on or
after a date that you select. This is a good way to purge any data from previous years.
Remember: if you don’t convert the data, it will not be available in V7. The only way to retrieve that information after the upgrade is complete would be through your V6 program.
- Click the [Start Database Conversion] button to begin the conversion and upgrade.
(See Figure 5) As the files are being converted, you will notice that they get untagged and the
Status column value changes to Database Converted. You will also notice the Database Progress and Total Progress bars moving
across the window. (See Figure 6)
- After the conversion is complete, you will see a “Conversion Completed” window
appear. This window will tell you if the conversion completed successfully. Click the [OK] button to complete the conversion process. (See Figure 7)
- You will now be back at the “Servant Keeper 7 Database Conversion Utility” window. Click the [Close] button to close the window. You are now ready to begin to use Servant Keeper 7 with your upgraded data.
Modified on: Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 4:13 PM