It is not unusual, when upgrading your software to a newer version, to also move the program to a different computer. This help sheet will guide you through the process of moving from an older version of Servant Keeper on an "old" machine to a newer version of Servant Keeper on a "new" machine.
Upgrading to Servant Keeper 8 with a Cloud Database
- To begin, go to the "old" computer where your Servant Keeper program is currently installed. This computer will be used to upgrade your existing data to your Servant Keeper 8 Cloud database.
For those using Servant Keeper 7 with a Local database: click HERE for a help sheet to guide you through performing the upgrade on your old computer.
For those using Servant Keeper 6: click HERE for a help sheet to guide you through performing the upgrade on your old computer.
- Go to the "new" computer where you'd like to use Servant Keeper 8 Cloud. Follow the instructions in the help sheet HERE to install Servant Keeper 8 and connect to your Cloud database.
NOTE: If your new computer is a Mac, you can find the installation instructions HERE.
- Now that the program is installed on your new computer, you can choose to open any module of Servant Keeper 8 (Membership Manager, Contribution Manager, or Administration Manager).
- Log in using your User ID and Password from the previous version of Servant Keeper (SK6 or SK7).
- When logging in for the first time, you will be prompted to enter your email address. Enter your email address in the boxes provided, then click [Save] to continue. In Servant Keeper 8, your email address will be tied to your User and can be used for logging in and password retrieval.
- You are now set up and can begin using the program on your new computer.
NOTE: If installing on additional computers, you use the download instructions from "step 2", above.